Posted on February 04, 2019 by Employer details Cabot Shores
- Location 30 buchanan drive Englishtown, NS B0C1H0
- Salary$$12HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Vacancies 2 Vacancies
- Terms of employmentTerm or contract (ending: 2020-03-01) Full time
- Start date 2019-03-01
- Employment conditions: Day
- Job no.1130894
- Source Job Bank
No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Wash windows, walls and ceilings; Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture; Stock linen closet; Pick up debris and empty trash containers; Handle and report lost and found items; Dust furniture; Disinfect operating rooms and other areas; Distribute clean towels and toiletries; Attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items; Make beds and change sheets; Provide basic information on facilities; Clean changing rooms and showers; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors; Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Staff accommodation available; Staff accommodation provided; Remote location
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Values and ethics; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
902-929-2584 between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
EMPOLYER: Auld Farm Inn B&B
Auld Farm Inn B&B is an eight-guest room establishment located at 1817 Bay Road, in the picturesque Village of Baddeck. We pride ourselves on providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests along with a professional staff who observe high standards of integrity, service and cleanliness.
LOCATION: 1817 Bay Road, Hwy 205 Baddeck, NS
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping – Room Attendant
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms, baths and common areas. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly. She/he should also be able to address guest requests, problems and answer questions about local area attractions and amenities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
- Makes bed.
- Dusts the room and furniture.
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies.
- Cleans the bathroom.
- Vacuums, sweeps and mops.
- Washes and properly stores bath and room linens.
- Checks and secures the rooms.
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned to her/him.
Physical mobility and stamina required
Ability to follow instruction
Professional attitude is required
Ability to work independently
Previous experience preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, seasonal May – October
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resume via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org